Junior/Mid Level UX/UI Designer/Developer
MAKING AN IMPACT WITH A SCALE-UP FINTECH
Are you someone with strong design/creative credentials who can help us to bring our brand to life, assist with the development of our digital content and with enough technical knowledge to implement on the front end too?
We’re looking for someone with drive, flair and passion that can help us evolve as we scale-up across UK and, soon, internationally. The work will be challenging, but fun; you’ll work at the cutting edge of FinTech/EdTech systems and learn a huge amount.
MyPocketSkill empowers Gen Z's to become more financially capable by matching 13-22 year olds with pocket money earning tasks and enabling them to save towards their goals. We help teens to Earn, Save and Learn about money.
We are an award-winning start-up, recently part of Tech Nation’s Fintech 4.0 cohort, and recognised as a category leader in Gen Z Fintech.
We are constantly improving and iterating our digital platform and, to fast-track changes through our next phase of product development and growth, we are looking to bring in a designer/ developer. We are looking junior/mid-level hire to join our experienced full-stack developer, for a full-time role, to complement our driven, passionate (and fun) team and impactful organisation.
With us, you will have the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of web design & development, supporting the front-end of web projects from brief through to wireframe, mock-up and build. You will support us to design assets for our platform and various campaigns / landing pages, with an excellent standard of usability and design aesthetics.
You’ll be working on a project where everything is hosted in AWS and we have a lightweight automated deployment process.
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 Depending on Experience
- Based in Sussex or London
- Flexible working – currently remote, potentially transitioning to partly office based
- Strong social impact focus – helping young people to become financially capable
- Modern start-up culture – join at a time of rapid growth, scale-up.
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE
- UI/UX experience (ideally in a B2C environment)
- Rapid prototyping / wireframing tools (Sketch, Invision, etc)
- Photo and Video and Social Media editing tools (e.g. Canva, Photoshop)
IT’S NICE TO HAVE
- Startup experience
- Understanding of user journeys / flows
- Analytical approach (using user research, analytics and tools such as Hotjar
- Exposure to a modern framework (React/Vue most likely)
- Usability testing