Customer Success Lead at MyPocketSkill
£ ₤26,000 to £30,000
Make an impact with a scale-up fintech
Are you someone with the abilities to coordinate an effective customer experience on our platform, to lead and develop a function at the heart of our business, working with an online community of young people, employers and households?
We’re looking for someone with great communication skills, ideas, creativity and drive to work with our user base – helping people to connect and transact successfully. You will also manage a small, but growing, team and be involved in evolving and optimising our customer-facing processes and our tech to support this. help us to connect, moderate and respond to ad-hoc questions from our user base as we continue to scale-up across the UK. The work will be challenging, but fun; you’ll work at the cutting edge of FinTech/EdTech systems and learn a huge amount.
MyPocketSkill empowers Gen Z's to become more financially capable by matching 13-22 year olds with pocket money earning tasks and enabling them to save towards their goals. We help teens to Earn, Save and Learn about money.
We are an award-winning start-up, recently part of Tech Nation’s Fintech 4.0 cohort, and recognised as a leader in digital innovation.
With us, you will have the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of customer communication, focusing on live chat, on-platform messages and moderation. You will also have the opportunity to run onboarding sessions, attend events to promote our work and work with our tech team on platform improvements.
You will be involved in helping customers who visit our platform, through online emails and live messaging with our customer base of young people, households and businesses.
You will also have a role in onboarding sessions (where we .coach young people after they sign-up with us)
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Onboarding and managing new users to the platform
- Coordinating promotions / referrals
- Managing and matchmaking our platform users
- Troubleshooting problems and issues raised by users (e.g. payment or onboarding issues)
- Managing a small team of others to coordinate platform engagement and comms
Network and Events
- Representing MyPocketSkill in events and meetings with customers/referrers including schools & colleges, business networks and other networking opportunities
Process improvement and innovation
- Exploring ways of redesigning & improving our customer engagement processes
- Coordinating the use of technology to support customer onboarding / customer experience
- Liaising with tech team to highlight and resolve issues and bugs.
There will also other functions involved in the role which evolve as the team develops.
The ideal candidate will have good written English, a positive and helpful outlook and able to act with initiative to solve problems and help out.
Salary: £26k - £30k dependent on qualifications and experience.
Core Hours: 37.5hrs/week. Primarily Mon-Fri (hours by agreement).
To apply, send an application to [email protected].
Alternatively, you can apply through WorkInStartups https://workinstartups.com/job-board/jobs-at/20526.
Based in Sussex or London
- Flexible working – currently remote, potentially transitioning to partly office based
- Strong social impact focus – helping young people to become financially capable
- Modern start-up culture – join at a time of rapid growth, scale-up.
We need you to have
- Good communication skills, excellent written English
- Fast-learner, proactive and willing to get involved in all parts of the business
- Strong attention to detail and high standards in the work you produce
- Able to use initiative and work autonomously (role is likely to be mostly home-based)
- Able to demonstrate helpful and problem-solving approach
It's nice to have
A degree which included elements of written work / communication
- Customer services training / qualification and experience of working with customers
- Technologically adept (we use live chat, messaging and emails).