Python (Django) Developer at MyPocketSkill
£ ₤40,000 - ₤50,000 a year
MAKE AN IMPACT AT A SCALE-UP FINTECH
MyPocketSkill empowers Gen Z's to become more financially capable by matching 13-22 year olds with pocket money earning tasks and enabling them to save towards their goals. We help teens to Earn, Save and Learn about money.
We are scaling our digital platform and to aid our next phase of product development and growth, we are looking to bring an additional developer to grow our engineering function and deliver on an ambitious tech road map.
We are looking for a mid-level hire (3 years + experience) to join our experienced full-stack developer, for a full-time role, to complement our driven, passionate (and fun) team and impactful organisation.
- Based in London
- Flexible hybrid working
- Modern start-up culture
We pride ourselves on having a relatively simple, easy to develop against stack. We prioritize using well documented, bug free frameworks and services. We ensure fast rebuild/reload times for developer happiness.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You’ll be working on a project where everything is hosted in AWS and we have a lightweight automated deployment process. You’ll work alongside a very small team, meaning you’ll have loads of responsibility and will make a huge impact on our architecture processes.
The work will be challenging, but fun; you’ll work at the cutting edge of fintech/edtech systems and learn a huge amount.
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE
- Python (data architecture, back-end services).
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- At least 3 years of experience.
IT’S NICE TO HAVE
- AWS/Digital Ocean/Dev ops experience
- Relational database experience
- Start-up experience
- Some kind of side project, open-source contribution, technical blog, etc
We will provide an opportunity for fast career growth (and that is a genuine promise). This is an early role into a fast-growing start-up and it comes with:
- Access to employee incentive scheme, after an agreed period
- Work alongside supportive colleagues
- Monthly / bi-monthly team social events and lunches
- Company pension
- Flexible working hours
- £250 annual training budget
To apply, send an application to [email protected].
Alternatively, you can apply through WorkInStartups: https://workinstartups.com/job-board/job/131099/python-django-developer-at-mypocketskill/